Friday, February 27, 2009

Could it be Spring?


I wished it this morning as I looked longingly at my summer shirts, wondering if I could actually get away with a sleeveless shirt today. Then I had a moment of euphoria as I watched the weather channel and saw it is going to be in the mid 70's this weekend.

But the real spring is here moments came as we played in the backyard all morning long. First giving the walls a new coat of chalk scribbles and then playing catch and dodge ball with the balls we have stashed all over the backyard. I got some yard work done, trimming a few bushes with the trimmers that haven't seen light in almost a year and then laid on the lounger, reading my magazine, while the boys played in the sandbox.

The boys ate their lunch outside -which the dog loves all the food dropped!- and now they are all worn out and arguing enough to make up for the peaceful morning we had and then some.

But hey, at least the sun is shining and spring is in the air!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Loved reading this and catching a glimpse of what my near-future holds. Ah..to be able to lay in the lounger and read a magazine while the boys play independently! Sounds Heavenly!