Monday, March 02, 2009

The big crack



We rough house with the boys at least once a day on our bed. It is easiest there since the boys can fall without hitting the floor and so they are at a more equal height as Don and I.

Unfortunately, the boys are getting bigger and the bed is not. During a particularly fun wrestle mania the other day, Lucas and Wyatt bumped heads. I heard a big crack. While Lucas didn't seem that affected, Wyatt was obviously hurt -crying, big tears and I tried to make him feel better by using humor. I told him that I had heard the big crack sound and asked him if he too heard it.

Looking at me with water filled eyes, he was distracted for a minute and nodded yes. I told him that sometimes when your get a bump so big you hear a crack, it means your body cracked somewhere. And low and behold, we found the crack in his toosh.

Bump on head suddenly forgotten, the boys started running around, showing their cracks to each other. Poor Don had no idea what to think when he came home only minutes later, all three running around with sagging pants.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA!!! I think butts are funny, too. No wonder I get along with your boys so well!!!