Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Christmas Eve 2008 part 2

On Christmas Eve, I awoke to Wyatt lying in bed next to me. He whispered, "Mama, Santa was here!". Still tired from the late night before, I told him it was still sleepy time and we both went back to sleep. Soon the three of us were joined by the other two and we all got ready to go downstairs and open our stockings. The boys were a bit unsure of what they would find at the bottom of the stairs, but went right for the stockings to see what Santa had left for them.

The boys were thrilled to get the particular Thomas trains they asked for. They also got a huge string of licorice, crazy straws, doodle pads, play dough, and a few other items inside. The big gift Santa left the kids, was their workbench. It has a working drill, lots of screws and nails, and a little car that they can screw the wheels on. Plenty for all three to do at the same time, thank goodness!

We stopped opening presents long enough for the seven of us to go out for breakfast. Once we got back home, it was time to get back to the presents! They had fun opening even more Thomas trains and Hungry Hippos was a huge hit, too. Puzzles, a doctor kit and a few fun computer like games rounded out their new stash.

After a few hours of playing, we all went to my parents house to have a big family get together. The boys ran around the house with little Reagan and there was lots of yummy food and Don's famous homemade oreo cheesecake. The night was rounded out with a (not so) serious poker game in the dining room.

The day was wonderful and full of lots of fun. It was really nice having so much family around -both sets of parents, lots of cousins, aunts and uncles. Lucky for the kids, they would do Christmas again the next day at Nana and Pops house. What more could a kid ask for?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds as if you had a wonderful Christmas and I'm so glad that I got to talk to you and your Mom then too. It's great to have a "Family" day.