Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Ccc-cooties

No matter how hard we try to avoid it, the germs always make their way into our house. I am thinking shopping carts are the culprit. From Walmart/Joann's or Home Depot, they got us!

Don and I have have been working on the living room at night. Last night we were up until midnight, but we got the drywall up and it is finally looking like progress! Unfortunately the late hours are catching up to us and Don overslept this morning by about 2 hours. Lucky for him the new contract (signed in June) says they can still work if they come in late, vs the old one that stated if they were not clocked in by 6:45 they had to go home.

Even though I was thankful he could go to work still, I have to admit I was not so sad about him being able to stay at home with me today. The kids are sick, I am sick and it would have been nice having an extra pair of arms for the boys. Usually my Mom would come over, but she has Reagan and we really don't want Rea to get sick, too! The boys all want to be cuddled and although I have figured out a way to lay on the couch and hold all three, I feel guilty that I can't give them a bit more attention when they don't feel well. So having Don home today really wouldn't have been a bad thing. :)

My sister has been in the hospital this past week for a terrible kidney infection. It was in the beginning stages of going septic, so she has been in for 4-5 days now. They are waiting for her to go without a fever for 24 hours before she can come out, but last night she spiked again, so she gets at least one more night in.

Hopefully the next few days will be better and everyone can start healing from the inside out.

On a happier note, here is a cute video from last week.

This is Jaxon playing with a hand puppet that quacks. It took some serious effort to make his hand clasp together enough to work the duck, but he did it!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Hi Laura! I'm a lurker on your site and just thought I'd say hello and let you know how much I love reading about your kids :)


Also, I'm wondering how you put a signature at the bottom of each post--that's so cool! :P

-Laura
oraeley.com
babylife.oraeley.com

laraine said...

I'm sorry you're all under the weather again :-(. I hope everyone is feeling better soon.

Love the new color on the walls.