Saturday, February 10, 2007

Time Flies


As of today, the boys are a little over twenty and a half months old. They're inching their way to be two years old (!) in just a few months. Officially not "babies" anymore, but now into toddler hood, walking (and running) around and so very curious about everything they see. I hear Jaxon look at things out the car window and he tries to ask what it is all called. Cars, trees, houses, airplanes, lights... I try to point it all out to them as we drive by, and I know they can now understand.

Attempting to get all my pictures of the past 18 months in order, I have been getting overwhelmed and have screeched to a stop. Where did it all go? When did we stop bottle feeding them and they held the bottles themselves? At what age did we put them in separate cribs, and how old were they when Don and I camped out in the living room with them for what seemed like months, with a towel blocking the light through the front door and CMT playing 24 hours non stop until we knew every song by heart? Why don't I remember when this all happened?

Looking at these pictures, I do remember how we used to have such a beautiful living room with a glass topped table from Bombay and a cute little ladder shelf unit from Pottery Barn. Our DVD player (nor television) had to be blocked with plexiglass to keep out little hands. We had a beautiful old Mexican trunk coffee table which has since been stuck in the corner between the two couches so children cannot get stuck or hurt if they climb from one couch to the other.

I am remembering when the babies had no teeth and I was sad to think of the day when teeth would ruin those perfect gummy smiles. And I had completely forgotten about their little fuzzy heads with barely any hair and such big cheeks!

It makes me sad to think of all that I have forgotten, and am now thankful that I have this blog. I never imagined how fast 18 months could go.

1 comment:

Wendi said...

I know EXACTLY how you feel, and trust me 3 years has gone by WAY TOO FAST!!!!