Friday, October 09, 2009

Cake in the Face


Last night we celebrated my Moms birthday. As with most all other family birthdays, we celebrated it with an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen. Yummy! We were seated around the table, eating our cake and my Dad put a bit of frosting on Wyatt's nose. While Lucas thought it was hilarious and put some on his own nose, Wyatt burst into tears (he was a bit over tired and had no idea what to think).

My dad felt bad for the little guy and put some on his own nose to make Wyatt feel better. Before I even knew what was happening, my dad somehow helped Wyatt into pushing my dad's own face into the cake! Well, Pops had his face covered with ice cream and we all just burst out laughing. Wyatt still had a tear going down the side of his face, but was clearly over being sad, laughing with his head thrown back.

After the cake was eaten and everyone was cleaned off, Don, my Dad, and I, were sitting at the table talking. Lucas comes back in the kitchen and hopped up to the table. He starts digging into the cake and eating the frosting. Again, I have no idea how it all began, but I do remember Lucas saying, "No, I do. I do. I want to try it myself!" And then he stuck his own face into the ice cream cake! He was laughing, we were laughing and he just kept doing it again and again.

Aunt Leigha happened to walk in at about that time and Jax, Wyatt and my mom came back in to see what the ruckus was about. Eventually, in one way or another, the boys (including my dad) had willingly put their face in the cake. My dad is it in the name of fun, letting the boys think they were putting his face in the cake, but we all were laughing so hard over the absurdness of it all. To see the kids (and my dad) just PUT. THEIR. FACE. IN. A. CAKE. REPEATEDLY. I think I could have safely said that day would never arrive, yet here it was screaming hello and waving it's hands in my face.


Hopefully, we have not opened pandora's box of horrible table ideas. My head hurt from laughing so hard. I have not laughed that hard in a long time.

No comments: