Saturday, October 11, 2008

Me and a Sneak Peek



Usually this blog is a way to keep my family and friends updated about the boys. For some reason I really don't use it as a place to write about me and the general going ons outside of our house. Today I will make a concession to that.

For the past six weeks my mom and I have been so incredibly busy getting our business started. Our main priority at this time is inventory. At least twice a week I have been over there past midnight with the two of us sewing up a storm. I have also been taking a stained glass class that keeps me out of the house once a week as well. Life has been very busy. Fun, but busy.

The boys have bonded with Don with all this time they have had to get reacquainted after all his overtime he had this summer. They have begun to go to him when they get "boo boos" just as much as they come to me, which really says it all.

This Wednesday will be the open house of our new business. We will show our family and friends what we have been up to and hopefully get some great feedback as well. I am really nervous about everything being ready in time. The hangers are to be here on Monday -but with that being a holiday probably Tuesday instead. Don's making the racks that we will be using to show most items on (and he is doing wonderfully, but I am nervous about it being finished in time). Last, I know there are many little details to be finished and I am hoping it will all come together tomorrow, the least of being getting some pictures taken so I can share with the online world what it is that we are making.

Bottom line is that I am really excited. Between sewing and stained glass class, the past six weeks have me feeling like I am again part of the world outside these four walls. I miss the kids (and Don), but know life will return to a slower pace once the open house is past. But for now, I am really enjoying myself and being able to be creative with my hands again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, you have me wondering! Well, since I won't be able to make it to the open house, you will have to show me what you're making. :o)

Anonymous said...

Best of luck with Open house, love you tons! Let us know how it goes!

Jenn

Anonymous said...

Love it! It's the sexy apron!