Sunday, July 27, 2008

What's in a room?

The boys have recently taken a huge interest in playing in our bedroom. Every morning, they come in and lie down with me until a respectable hour. When I finally am ready to pop out of bed, Wyatt and Luke ask me to open the window. They like for me to open the curtains and pull the blinds up so they can play on the windowsill with their cars.

If playing with their cars doesn't sounds appealing, they all really enjoy pouring the change out of two humongous glass bottles we put our spare change into. Since they have started this game, I have been able to keep it down to the smaller of the two bottles (whew!), but I have a feeling that smaller bottle won't be in one piece much longer.

Here Jaxon is playing every one's dream game, "It's Raining Money" as they stall putting all 346 pieces of change back into the jar and another new glass container they have just emptied. I really am not complaining though. This new game just bought me 12 minutes of content happy play. Who says money can't buy happiness?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura,
I love it! Money can buy 12 minutes of happiness, quiet (maybe) and rest for you. Great!
Love you!
Jenn

a portland granny said...

Now that's my kind of game!! They look so cute....and so busy with the money.

You are blessed. They are special little boys!

Joan

Cathy said...

That is great! My kids did that at Grandma's house with the change. Never a need to really bring toys with us on a trip- they will find stuff to play with, LOL!