Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Chuck E Cheese


I came across this picture last night and couldn't not believe I had forgotten to post it on the blog!

While the kids were in town, Nana took us all to Chuck E Cheese for dinner. At first, I was skeptical -thinking there wasn't much for the boys to do, the food is yucky and the boys would be too young. But it just seemed in the cards for us to go and I am so glad we did. Surprisingly, the pizza was pretty good, and of course there were lots of things for the boys to do.

The boys loved riding in all the little moving cars and trucks. They totally understood the token concept and knew they were needed to make things work. Jaxon and Cathryn played air hockey when we first got there and for it being Jax's first time he had ever laid eyes on it, he did pretty good with a finishing score of 3-7 (Cathryn won).

At one point of the night, Luke was out of eye sight. I figured I would give it 30 seconds or so and got side tracked for a minute. Then I realized I still hadn't seen him and as I left the booth to go look, I saw him out of the corner of my eye. He was in the little car with Chuck E, feeding in tokens from a cup he snagged. Not sure where he got the cup from, but there were three little pictures of Lucas on the ride, this one even shows him feeding the car more tokens, so goodness knows how many he used in that minute or two.

We had a really good time and once in a while when we are in the car, the kids ask in a hopeful voice to go "play games". And even though the kids left to go back to California over a week ago, the boys still ask and talk about them being at Nana's house. It was a great visit and we can't wait to see them again!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chuck E Cheese, a good time had by all! Surprisingly the food has gotten better since we've been little. I'm so glad that you've shared your stories and pictures with us from the kids visit.
Miss you!
Jenn