Sunday, November 23, 2008

One day...

I can honestly say that 95% of the time Don and I are attentive and at least have a handle on what is going on. The other 5% of the time are when there are projects of sorts going on or whatever it may be distracting our attention for short periods of time. Today was one of those days.

One day when the boys are in their 20's looking back on their childhood, today is the type of day they will pick to talk about.

"Do you remember how Mom and Dad would have us fend for ourselves while they put up Christmas lights? We would get away with everything!"

"Oh yeah, I remember when they let Jax crawl under the travel trailer and got stuck. Dad had to raise it up to let Jaxon out!".

"Remember how much fun we had spending most of the afternoon on the skateboard and creepy crawler, flying down the driveway and into the street? Good thing they blocked the road with the cars and lawnmower. We would have made across the street and it into our neighbors driveway if we didn't have to stop."

"Or when they let us climb up the ladder with Dad under the pretense of getting them used to ladder in case we ever had to use our window escape ladder. I am sure it had nothing to do with the fact that Wyatt would come back every two minutes to whine about wanting to do it, too."

"I'll never forget how they sent inside once it got dark and Wyatt kept gong in the kitchen and grabbing different foods. First the bananas, marshmellows, then the apples. Mom was going nuts every time she came in and he had something else in hand."

"Man, I can't believe we were only three. They totally had no control over us. We ruled the roost, even at age three. At least for the day anyhow".


Anonymous said...

I love it! It does seem that the kids will look back someday and say those exact things doesn't it? And we'll cry b/c we'll wish we had this time back again, when they were 3.
Love to you all and Happy Thanksgiving!!

loren said...

Isn't that funny? They probably won't remember a THING about that 95% of the time. That's what I'm thinking about the girls. Except they'll probably only remember the 5% of the time that I'm yelling at them and punishing them! :)

Brooklyn said...

That's so funny! You guys sound like my hubby and I. I bet triplet boys can get into more mischeif than twin girls though. Three heads are better than two, right! Makes me laugh what three year olds can figure out on their own! I love this age!