Saturday, October 14, 2006

Oompa Loompa

Unfortunately, the Halloween party got rained out. We've had a nice day though, lots of playing around this morning. Since we worked so hard to rush and finish the costumes in time, we thought about running to the mall to get some Halloween portraits of the boys done. First The Picture People thought they couldn't get us in, they were booked until 4:30! But then another employee came up and told us they could squeeze in the pics right then! One of the girls who worked there was so excited about them being little Oompa Loompas, she went out to another store and bought the kids some Wonka bars! The boys aren't all smiling and what not, but we are just thrilled they aren't crying. I need a scanner so I can scan the portrait of all 3, but in the mean time, here is Luke trying on his costume this morning. For the portraits we sprayed their hair just a tiny bit with green hair paint. Michele, you are crazy if you think I am going to even try putting wigs on three 16 month olds, LOL! We do have orange face paint, but think it would be a bit too garish to add. They look cute enough without all the extras.

5 comments:

Michele S said...

Oh that is hilarious! I love it and can't wait to see them all together. You win for most original, that's for sure!

Teresa said...

How cute! I love Willie Wonka. I'm sure the boys looked adorable in their costumes for the picture! Can't wait to see them!

The Amazing Trips said...

ADORABLE!!!

My 5-year old nephew absolutely loves Willie Wonka and went as an Oompa Loompa a few years ago. I thought his obsession with Oompa Loompas was a bit odd. Thanks for validating it for me!!!

Wendi said...

You did a fantastic job on the oompa loompas!! Can't wait to see them in costume all together!

Joselle said...

OMG! I love the Oompa Loompa costumes! How cute!