Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Luke's Family Portrait

We are not big on crafts around here. It is weird, me being such a crafty myself, but something about handing Jaxon free reign of scissors or markers makes my eyes roll back and I start to get the shakes. I am very aware they are FIVE (!). Jaxon is just very, how do I say this in the most "Mommy loves you" way? Oh jeez. um. Experimental. Yeah, that is definitely the right word for him.

Coloring books and crayons, go at it! I have safety scissors. Even glue! They get them on loan while I am in the kitchen cooking or something, sure. No problem. So they do get a bit of an outlet, but not as much as I would like. It is a work in progress.

Back to the matter at hand!

Lucas drew his first family portrait! This first one is of me, Luke and Don. Don is the one with hair :)



Then he decided he couldn't leave anyone out, and drew one of the rest of the family. Annie was visiting at the time and he drew her in too.


What a little artist!

No comments: