Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentines Day Crafts



Somehow the Valentine crafts over ran our house this year. I am not sure if it was because Don and I went out of town and the school party snuck up on us, or if it was just trying to be budget conscious, or maybe partly because I have been in a sewing frenzy for a craft show this past weekend so I was trying to avoid an extra run to the store to buy more premade valentines. Yeah, I am pretty sure it was the last one now that I am thinking of it...


The boys school party was on Thursday and like a good prepared Mommy, I had already purchased one set of Valentines for the boys. Luke claimed them and he signed them all himself Monday afternoon.


Tuesday the boys seemed like they needed a bit of structure and something to pull them away from the dang trains, so I decided that we would make a new set of valentines for one of the other boys. Wyatt saw what the plan was online and claimed those right away. With a bunch of pink paper and three little eager boys armed with purple child scissors, we were able to cut out a million hearts in no time. Later I had to go sew and Don took up Valentine duty and made sure Wyatt signed his while they both finished assembling all the sucker flowers.


Luckily for Jaxon (amd my prepared mommy status), Wednesday morning before breakfast I happened to come across another cute Valentine idea that we had all the needed supplies for. I showed him the instructions and he was thrilled with what would become his valentines.


By this point, the boys were becoming master heart cutter-outers. Every single heart that had been cut in the past few days were all their handy work and they were so proud of themselves. Not only that, they were really getting into the whole Valentine spirit!


Again, it was time to sign the valentines and I sat with Jaxon as he wrote his name on all 20. Like his brothers, he tried to get creative a few times, trying new ways to write the letter "a", or a backward "J" (but I like it that way, mom). It seemed like an endless job, but eventually he finished and did a great job. Again, when Don came home, he helped Jaxon finish assembling the valentines for school the next day.


These are the Valentines I made this year. We intended to give some to my family as well, but forgot to bring them over and ended up sharing some with our neighbors instead. Jaxon and Wyatt had fun getting their candy out of the maze, but Lucas tore his open, not wanting to mess around.

It has been a busy week, seeming not to slow down at all, but it was a really fun productive week. I am in the midst of sewing some crayon wallets for the boys and a quilt for our niece, so it doesn't seem like much chance of crafts slowing down anytime soon.

No comments: